If you ask practically anyone who runs an online business what their biggest struggle is, chances are they’ll say “I need to get more traffic.”
You need to get more traffic to make sales.
You need to get more traffic to get visibility.
You need to get more traffic to build an email list.
You need to get more traffic to buy your products and/or services.
So the big question remains, where do you get more traffic?
Sure, you could buy ads (which we’ll cover in a future article), but if you aren’t careful, you might just fill your list with a less-than-ideal audience and that will do nothing for your sales. You could focus your time and energy on SEO (search engine optimization) but unless you have years to build your business (and who does?) then SEO should not be your top choice. In fact, SEO is best handled by someone who can provide an audit and knows what it takes to increase SEO over time
The good news is that you have other options.
Be Our Guest
Everyone needs more content. Great content. It’s the one thing that remains consistent among all content creators—there is never enough. That’s where you can help.
By guest posting on other similar brands’ blogs, you can “borrow” some of their traffic.
You can’t simply use old content and send it out in a million directions though.
To get the best results, you’ll want to:
- Create custom content designed for your host’s unique audience.
- Provide incredible value with actionable tips and strategies not found everywhere else.
- Inject your unique personality so those new to you will instantly connect with you.
- Offer a compelling reason to click through to your website or blog so they can get more information about you.
Don’t have an email list? Here’s a quick way to ethically “borrow” someone else’s list to kickstart your own: Schedule a free event with a partner.
Here’s how it works.
- You (the one no list or a very small one) create a compelling, free training which naturally leads to a low-cost, no-brainer product.
- Install an affiliate tracking system such as SamCart, Infusionsoft or my favorite – use Clickfunnels’ Backpack for all of this.
- Offer your best affiliates a higher percentage of profits in exchange for co-hosting your webinar and bringing their traffic along for the ride.
This is a win/win for both of you, as you gain the traffic while your affiliate gets a bigger payday. Just be sure you have a good funnel in place so that your new list members can benefit from all that you have to offer.
Want to really show off your expert status and bring more traffic back to your site, too? The easiest way is to get on the interview circuit. Just like authors with new books and actors with new movies, your business can get in front of new audiences simply by answering questions about what you know.
Of course, you’re probably not going to appear on the Today Show or Oprah (although that’s not impossible), but there are still plenty of opportunities out there for business owners in every niche.
Look for interview and speaking opportunities on:
- Online Summits
- Facebook Groups
- Local events
Start by reaching out to your colleagues and to blog and podcast hosts you most admire. Get the word out with your friends and your list that you’re looking for opportunities to collaborate.
Even if you don’t yet have a list of your own, it’s easy (and fun) to kickstart your audience growth simply by making yourself available for these opportunities. Each podcast interview, guest post, and webinar is another chance to get in front of a whole new market, so take advantage of it! Need help reaching out to potential partners? Drop us a line and let’s chat about how we can help you get noticed and build your list!